A Criminal Lawyer in City Council?
Cocktails with the Candidate and Charter CPD
Glad you’re combining your civic duties and your criminal law interests!
Dyanoosh Youssefi, former criminal defence lawyer, CLA member, criminal justice writer and legal studies professor is running for Toronto City Council. The law firm of Rusonik, O’Connor, Robbins, Ross, Gorham & Angelini is graciously holding this event in support of Dyanoosh’s campaign.
Join us, and you will not only support a strong voice that advocates for long-term vision and planning, respectful policing, and support for vulnerable members of the community, but you will also gain a 1 hour substantive credit toward your CPD requirement. Reid Rusonik, distinguished senior defence counsel and Dyanoosh’s articling principal at the former law firm of Pinkofsky Lockyer will deliver the address: The Role of the Charter in Sentencing.
Here are the details for the evening:
Date: Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Time: 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Location: Rusonik, O’Connor, Robbins, Ross, Gorham & Angelini LLP, 36 Lombard St. Toronto
Tickets are $75, which is a donation to Dyanoosh’s campaign. But they could actually cost you less. These are the details you should know:
- The ticket purchase is a donation to Dyanoosh’s campaign.
- Only individuals, and not law firms or corporations, can buy the tickets (municipal requirements.)
- Your ticket purchase is eligible for a rebate of $56.25 from the City, so the event will cost you less than $20.
- You will get the rebate if you have not already qualified for the maximum allowable rebate for this municipal election. If you’d like more information on the municipal election rebate program, read here.
- If you’d like to purchase your ticket using a cheque, please contact email@example.com by Thursday, September 18, to make arrangements.
- To purchase your ticket on-line, fill out the form below, click submit, and then click on the PayPal “Buy Now” icon to make the payment using your credit card. You do not have to be a member of PayPal to use this system (just ignore the part that asks you to become a member and fill out the form.)
- If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org